Kids have the ability to learn how to spell before their hands are ready to learn how to write. This alphabet puzzle from our collection Writing and Spelling Toys comes with giant letters in bright primary colors that are visually distinguishable by eyes. Letters are raised above the surface of the puzzle board, for easy removal and fitting. The puzzle is made of high impact laminate surface which is durable and can be easily wiped and cleaned.
How to Play:
Learn ABC Activity:
- The letters from alphabet puzzle are carved into the tray in in alphabetical order.
- Remove all letters from the tray.
- Have the child put letters back into their correct place one by one.
- After completion, child can read aloud ABCs in order.
Learn to Spell Activity:
- This alphabet puzzle from Learn To Play Toys comes with pre-written cards that include names of animals and objects with their associated shapes and pictures.
- The child or the parent places one card standing up on the spelling tray.
- By looking at the card that contains a name and a shape, the child tries to find the matching letters from the tray and set them standing up.
- With letters standing up, child builds the word by copying letters one by one and arranging them to get the correct spelling.
- Develops fine motor coordination by handling letters and placing them into the puzzle.
- Improves visual discrimination skills by discovering the differences among shapes and colors.
- Teaches the names of letters and their sounds.
- Presents alphabetical order.
- Introduces spelling with simple words.
- Made in the USA with non-toxic and water-based finishes.
- Product Dimensions: 23 x 12 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 7 pounds
- Recommended Age: 36 month - 4 years
- Oppenheim Toy Portfolio
- Best of School Supplies Four Gold Stars (Best Word Puzzle Toy),
- KDFW-TV (Fox 4-Dallas) Toy Test-Top 20 Toys
- Manhattan Mothers & Others (Best Word Puzzle Toy)