Learning to spell words correctly is an important part of your child's education. Learn To Play Toys has the right tool to help you improve the spelling skills of your child in a fun way. It's called the Spellmaster! The Spellmaster found in our Writing and Spelling Toys collection is your unique learning center that teaches children to spell words in an interactive way. This spelling learning center consists of a spelling tray with an attached chalkboard, wood tiles with individual letters and spelling picture word cards.
How to play Spellmaster:
- Pick a word from the accompanying picture word cards.
- Place the wooden letter tiles in the correct sequence in the spelling tray.
- Child studies the word and closes the doors above the letter tiles one by one.
- Child writes the spelling of the word on the chalkboard tray from the memory.
- Doors are lifted. Match the letter tiles to the handwritten word and make corrections to the spelling if necessary.
- Make sure, you applaud your child when he or she gets the spelling right.
- Repeat the steps for each picture word card.
- You can create your own picture word cards for words and phrases consisting of maximum 7 letters.
- Improves spelling skills in children and develops sequential memory.
- Increases and strengthens memory span with repeated use.
- Develops abilities required to learn how to read, such as, word recognition, speed of word recognition and vocabulary.
- Made in the USA.
- Made with Non-toxic and water based finished.
- Product Dimensions: 19 x 6.5 x 2 inches
- Product Weight: 6 pounds
- Recommended Age: 36 months - 8 years